Wednesday, May 17, 2006

 

Day 13 - 5/17/06

Yah I know, I had two day 10's. Day 12 is now null and void. Day 12 sucks anyway.

The point of this blog was to be as honest as possible. There are 800 million poker blogs out there, but not many that will give you an in-depth honest look into someone's bankroll and playstyle. Therefore I've decided to post a hand I completely donked. It's ugly.

FullTiltPoker Game #644962520: Table Ellsworth (6 max) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:15:38 ET - 2006/05/18
Seat 1: xero_luck ($55.80)
Seat 4: jbrooo ($18.50)
Seat 5: LJJones ($147.45)
Seat 6: Advance_Luck ($48.90)
xero_luck posts the small blind of $0.25
jbrooo posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to LJJones [Ah Tc]
LJJones raises to $2
Advance_Luck folds
xero_luck folds
jbrooo raises to $3.50
LJJones calls $1.50
*** FLOP *** [9s 4d 8d]
jbrooo bets $3
LJJones raises to $9
jbrooo raises to $15, and is all in
LJJones calls $6
jbrooo shows [Ks Kc]
LJJones shows [Ah Tc]
*** TURN *** [9s 4d 8d] [Jc]
*** RIVER *** [9s 4d 8d Jc] [2d]
jbrooo shows a pair of Kings
LJJones shows Ace Jack high
jbrooo wins the pot ($35.40) with a pair of Kings
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $37.25 | Rake $1.85
Board: [9s 4d 8d Jc 2d]
Seat 1: xero_luck (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: jbrooo (big blind) showed [Ks Kc] and won ($35.40) with a pair of Kings
Seat 5: LJJones showed [Ah Tc] and lost with Ace Jack high
Seat 6: Advance_Luck (button) didn't bet (folded)

This hand has 3 significant mistakes.

1. Calling the re-raise. It's so tempting to call a min-raise especially in position. I'd say that in the scheme of things, this was the lessor of my mistakes but a mistake none-the-less.

2. Re-raising on the flop. I do this a lot and I make a lot of money doing it, especially in position. Bluffing against a limp-re-raise is about as bad as it gets.

3. Calling. Yeah, it's only $6 bucks. Rule of thumb, if you catch yourself thinking or saying "Yeah, but it's only $xx," you're fucking up.

That hand was so bad that it made me quit playing for the day.

The rest of the day was actually pretty good and my ending bankroll was: $1316.92. I saw about 850 hands 4-tabling over 3 hours.

Basically, I've stopped looking at my cards. If I sense weakness, I'm going to attack and it's been extremely profitable. Fold equity has been extremely high at these tables. If I have a good draw I'm betting/raising with it 90% of the time. If you've got a good draw, why not win the pot right there and fall back on the draw if your opponent calls? Players at this level are far too weak to call down with middle pair. Betting/raising the draw is generally a good choice because you win the pot %Fold_Equity + %Draw_Hit times. So long as %Fold_Equity > 0, this is better than just $Draw_Hit alone. Of course, it puts more money at risk but that's not a bad thing. It means that when your draws hit there is going to be more money in the pot anyway, and if your opponent has shown some aggression you might even be able to get a full buy-in where you wouldn't have been able to if you just called until you hit.

Here are my 6-max stats to date. Very small sample size but at 3500 hands you start to see some convergence.

Game Type: NL ($0.50) 6-max
Number of Sessions: 34
Winning Sessions: 22 (64.71%)
Total Won: $608
Number of Hands: 3514
Total Hours: 45.33
BB/HR: 13.41
BB/100: 17.30
VP$IP: 43.63%
Average Pot: $8.76
Percent Flops Seen: 44.17%

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?